As hubby (SIC second in command) has recently had an eye op, so cannot drive yet I am doing any driving needed, so as we were out again the next day after the new cache was released and in the same area and I was driving SIC had no option but to agree with me and pop along for the cache.
He stayed in the car and off I went to the building where it was hidden. All I had to do was go into the building and sign the log book within the cache box.
I spotted the container in the window on my way in, I spoke to a lady at the counter just in case she wondered whatever I was up to, and off I go to get the box. It was a surprise to see that no one else had been out, so I got a FTF (first to find) I duly signed the book and replaced it as found.
I like these kinds of caches where we can go into a building and ask for the container,this is only the second one we have done like this, the first being in Sydney a few years back. This cache in Ayr has been placed with the kind permission of the owners of the centre.
The centre is dedicated to Robert Burns the Scottish poet, it has a couple of little shops within the building, a nice coffee shop and a museum where you can take a tour and learn all about Rabbie Burns.
So far we haven't done this yet but maybe one day.
We were there today for our morning coffee and as it was a lovely albeit cold day, we took a walk along through the gardens and along to The Brig'O Doon. This is supposed to be the bridge that gave Burns the inspiration to write the poem Tam O'Shanter. The poem is about the perils of drink, with Tam being chased by witches across the bridge whilst he was riding his horse, one of the witches grabbed the horses tail which came off in the witches hand. (Zoe, it is just a made up story ;-) ) In other words,Tam was drunk! I wonder if the witches and Tam realised there is also a geocache at one end of the bridge!
Here are a few photographs taken today.
| From Brig O'Doon looking west. |
| View from Brig O'Doon looking east |
| A metal book set into the bridge telling you all about the connection with Burns. |
| The gate through to the gardens. |
| Burns monument. |
| A little poem on the walk back to the Heritage centre. |
| The Heritage Centre where the cache is hidden. |
Im always up for a quickie! Great location and a fun day for sure! I like it!
ReplyDeleteHi Ann. A blast from the past here. I'm glad to see you are still posting and geocaching. Ayr beach looks as beautiful as I remember it.
ReplyDelete