Sunday, 6 November 2011

Highland toffee (or cattle)

We were out sharp this morning as we decided to geocache in the village a few miles from us.   Found all 3 so that was good, it helps my numbers.
Then home for a coffee and a walk along the river Ayr to look at and photograph some Highland cattle that we had noticed a couple of weeks ago as we drove passed.  I haven't seen them in this area before although there are some in a field on the A77 a few miles from us.
They were all lying down enjoying the sunshine.  They looked as if they had stepped off of a bar of McGowans Highland Toffee, although I think I read that this ( the Highland Toffee) will no longer be made in UK or is it going overseas!!  I don't know, but such a shame,  I remember this toffee from my childhood, my fillings will testify to that!





Anyway, the sun was out the leaves are changing colour so it was a lovely walk along by the river to visit the cattle.

4 comments:

  1. Love the horns, and fall colors! Great job on finding 3 of 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having McGowan's toffee, with the cow on the wrapper!
    There are hielan' coos here too. They have gone away for the winter to some higher ground (funny way round to do it) but when they are back I'll get you a photo.
    I wondered if you had gone on holiday. Haven't seen any posts for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. I love the hairy bulls. Human loves to see them I am not quite so keen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos Ann. The bovine creatures resemble a few men I have seen with scraggly beards and no hair cuts. LOL And they haven't a clue! Glad you found your "three".

    Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete